>> Your point is... ? What's the basic difference in meaning between
>> disrupt, disrupting, and disruptive? They all mean the same thing to
>> me, except for how they fit into a sentence grammatically.
>
> They may all mean the same thing to you, but they don't to the rest of the
> world.

>From wikipedia:

"A disruptive innovation is an innovation that helps create a new
market and value network, and eventually goes on to disrupt an
existing market and value network (over a few years or decades),
displacing an earlier technology. The term is used in business and
technology literature to describe innovations that improve a product
or service in ways that the market does not expect, typically first by
designing for a different set of consumers in a new market and later
by lowering prices in the existing market.

In contrast to disruptive innovation, a sustaining innovation does not
create new markets or value networks but rather only evolves existing
ones with better value, allowing the firms within to compete against
each other's sustaining improvements. Sustaining innovations may be
either "discontinuous"[1] (i.e. "transformational" or "revolutionary")
or "continuous" (i.e. "evolutionary").

The term "disruptive technology" has been widely used as a synonym of
"disruptive innovation..."

That's basically what I believed they were conveying, but I'd argue
it's not the first thought that comes to mind.

I guess since they had a huge chance of disruptive innovation with the
advent of digital imaging and blew it, they're going to try again.

Tom C.