Some of the reviews I read, I admit back when,  implied people didn't like
the G2 or G3 as well as they had liked the G1.

On a photo trip I went on over a year ago, maybe two years, two women  had
the G1 (or something, maybe G2). I held it and fell in love with the light
weight.And the pictures they showed in class were fine, I couldn't tell they
 weren't 35mm (well, digital 35mm).

Draw back is most of the zooms are  wide angle types, while I tend to shoot
at 70mm and above. Well, maybe I could  buy that body and one lens. I am
thinking $2-3,000 for a new system, lenses, et.  all.

I will look into it. Thanks, Godfrey

In a message dated  9/6/2013 11:47:37 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
godd...@me.com writes:
On Sep  6, 2013, at 11:15 AM, eactiv...@aol.com wrote:

> Second party? Third  party? Not sure what to call  it.

Alternative brand. :-)

If  you're interested in Micro-FourThirds, the upcoming Panasonic GX7 looks
to be a  peach of a body but it will sell at $1000. A used G2 or G3 is in
your price  range. I had the original G1, and it was already an excellent
performer.

There are a number of excellent mFT lenses available, both zoom and  prime.
>From very compact to fast and pro-quality. I haven't followed the zooms  at
all but there are plenty of good reviews.

PDML  Pentax-Discuss Mail  List
follow the  directions.