On 9/7/2013 10:40 PM, Christine Nielsen wrote:
Ugh.  My condolences.  Our dog has had the same bad luck, a few
times... the hydrogen peroxide/baking soda/detergent mixture does the
trick for us... though I think you are supposed to let it sit for
several minutes before rinsing.  Bathing a cat has its own challenges,
I imagine... good luck if you have to go for round 2
Actually, giving the cat a bath wasn't so bad. I did get a lot of fur on my tongue.... :-) (Couldn't resist....)

.

When I was a kid, I remember one steamy summer night the dog got out &
found a skunk.  In her alarm at being sprayed, she ran around the
house several times, and the odor poured in through all the open
windows.  There was no escape from the stench!
Earlier this summer my sister in law was walking her dog, which startled a skunk. The skunk missed the dog and hit her. She said it took about 5 showers and lots of shampoo to do the job...

Mark

:)
-c