> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... I'm not a big fan of composing on the LCD and have yet to
>> actually try an electronic viewfinder.

Well, silly Darren, one composes with an LCD or electronic viewfinder
exactly the same way one does with an optical viewfinder.

:)))

I agree. I prefer a viewfinder.

I think the EVF in the NEX-6/7 are great. In normal and bright light
they almost provide a better view than an optical viewfinder. In low
light they tend to get a little noisy, but I figure that's akin to not
being able to see as much in an optical viewfinder as light levels
drop. One of the benefits is that after image acquisition, it is
instantly displayed in the EVF, meaning I needn't look away to preview
the image on the LCD. If I need to adjust composition or retake for
any other reason, the cycle is much quicker than with a normal optical
viewfinder.

As Boris suggests, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Tom C.