Ricoh used to make a line of second string K mount SLRs, prior to that they made a line of second string m42 mount SLRs, and apparently they marketed a Nikon mount SLR, made by Mamiym. They put some pretty nice technology into them, often the K mount bodies seemed to have somewhat better tech and more features than Pentax, and they were pretty nice cameras, but there was always something off about their ergonomics.

Back when Pentax still had a presence in most Cameras stores, (not that long ago actually), one of the best local camera stores in the area went out of business, (they had one of my LXen in for repair, and I was worried about getting it back, I did eventually), at their going out of business sale they had a used Ricoh, I forget the model number, it resembled a Pentax A3 but included a ME Super style button system for setting manual shutter speeds IIRC. This particular camera seemed to be pristine condition and the price was certainly right, I was seriously considering buying it as a body to carry where I didn't want to risk a LX or MX, when one of the buttons simply fell off. The salesman who I knew, (it wasn't a paid liquidator running the sale), said, "That seems to happen a lot, it just snaps back on." I decided to take a pass.

Ricoh abandoned the SLR market sometime in the 90's. I don't remember when, exactly. I don't remember any big announcement, such as when Yashica stopped making cameras, Ricoh just sort of stopped, making SLRs.