On Sep 21, 2013, at 2:42 AM, P.J. Alling wrote:
> ... Pentax no longer exists.  There isn't even a Pentax division of Ricoh
> anymore.  All we can hope is that Ricoh, designs builds and markets K mount
> cameras a little smarter than Pentax and then Hoya did, though history
> doesn't offer a lot of hope there.
>
> Ricoh seems to think that their own brand is the prestige photographic brand
> compared with Pentax and they've made a conscious effort to make Pentax a
> secondary brand.  Unfortunately, I don't think this bodes all that well for
> the future, it seems like a bad marketing decision...

> On 9/20/2013 5:12 AM, Tanya Love wrote:
>> But, K3 - October.
>>
>> That's all I'm saying... :-)
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Does Ricoh make cameras other than those branded Pentax? That is a half serious
question; I know from discussion here that there is some sort of Ricoh camera
division that has been in business for a few(?) years. But I have no
recollection of ever seeing a Ricoh camera, ever seeing an ad for one or a
listing in a 5th Street Camera ad, ever hearing anybody talk about one. It
baffles me to think that a product or product line that I as a somewhat aware
consumer is unfamiliar with can be a prestige photographic brand. Don't you
have to be known first before you can be accorded Prestige status?

stan