On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Stan Halpin
<s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:

> Does Ricoh make cameras other than those branded Pentax? That is a half
> serious question; I know from discussion here that there is some sort of Ricoh
> camera division that has been in business for a few(?) years. But I have no
> recollection of ever seeing a Ricoh camera, ever seeing an ad for one or a
> listing
> in a 5th Street Camera ad, ever hearing anybody talk about one. It baffles me
> to think that a product or product line that I as a somewhat aware consumer
> is unfamiliar with can be a prestige photographic brand. Don't you have to be
> known first before you can be accorded Prestige status?

The Ricoh GR seems to be a rather nice compact
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/ricoh-gr
And they just announced the Theta https://theta360.com/en/concept/

Other than that, I have no idea, but Godfrey mentioned the GXR. What's
more interesting though that I could pick up the GR from what was the
official Pentax distributor, and I heard one of the reasons Ricoh
bought Pentax was their distribution channels. If this is true, and we
all know that Pentax distribution was not stellar, no wonder you never
heard of Ricoh cameras. Apparently they are little known in Europe and
even less in the US.