Brian Walters wrote:

>Quoting Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Only a few curmudgeons -- a high percentage of the PDML makeup --
>> complain about Javascript, technology which is as much a part of the
>> web underpinnings as HTML and CSS. I expect more than a few still
>> mutter about content vs form while browsing. Any web design done wrong
>> is annoying, not just JS.
>
>I wear my curmudgeon-ness with pride!
>
>Having said that, I use a bit of Javascript on my own website -
>there's no rule that says I have to be logical or consistent :-)>  -
>but at least the images on my site still show up if JS is disabled.

Quite right. There's nothing wrong with a bit of JavaScript. What I
object to is JavaScript that loads other JavaScript from third
parties. Some of that, in the case of Flickr, seems to itself load
still more JavaScript from *fourth* parties. The security risk becomes
too great at that point.

If I'm visiting whatever.com I'm usually OK with running JavaScript
from whatever.com. If the JavaScript at whatever.com tries to load
JavaScript from somewhere-else.com I'm cautious. And if the JavaScript
from somewhere-else.com tries to load JavaScript from
who-knows-where.com I'm outta there.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com