On Friday, April 5, 2002, at 06:46  AM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> How do the photos compare?  Are there any other noteworthy differences?
> Can the Pentax do synch flash at the speeds of the 'blad lens?  Are
> there other features of the 'blad itself that might make it more useful
> to someone, and therefore make the spendy 'blad lens a more worthwhile
> choice?  I saw a fellow shoot a cover for a local magazine using a
> 'blad, and he had a radio controlled method of setting off the remote
> flash (strobes?).  Is that something the pentax can do? Still, that's a
> LOT of moolah for some glass.

Well, the 'blad 40mm had poorer flare performance than I'd expect, from
seeing his test.  It was certainly sharp and contrasty for the most
part.  The flash sync is an advantage of the Hasselblad system as a
whole, so I suppose if you needed to do daytime fill in flash with a
super-wide lens, you'd buy a Hasselblad.  Radio controlled strobes can
be used with any camera.

So, if you need daylight fill-flash, you need to spend nearly six times
as much.

-Aaron