On Oct 5, 2013, at 6:00 AM, Steve Cottrell <co...@seeingeye.tv> wrote:

> On 5/10/13, Eric Weir, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>> Was leaning toward the Fuji X10 or X20 regarding the former till I read
>> a review that said they produce images that are  a bit soft.
>
> Eric, I would be interested to read the review you mention. The X-10
> produces results for me which are just the opposite!

Thanks for complicating my decision, Cotty. -;) When I went to the review where
I thought I remembered fairly extensive comments to this effect I didn't find
what I remembered. I think I may have misunderstood. The only thing close to
what I thought I remembered was in a comparison of in-camera and external raw
conversions. See here <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x10/16>

A question about the X1/20. When I went through Heathrow on my way home I
checked out the X20 in the duty free shop. Between us, neither myself, what
seemed to be a camera-wise customer, nor a clerk who seemed to know his stuff
could figure out how to focus manually. I assume it can be done.

While it complicates my choice somewhat, I'm glad to hear that the X10's images
are in fact sharp.

Regards,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"The invincible shield of caring Is a weapon
sent from the sky against being dead."

- Tao Te Ching 67