p.s.  I just weighed the K5 with the FA 50mm, and it came in at 2 and 1/4
pounds--nearly half the weight of the entire kit.   The K5 with the DA 40
mounted weighs nearly 2 pounds, about a 1/4 pound less.  The body of the K5
weighs 1 and 3/4 pounds.  And interestingly, the extra battery in my plastic
bag weighs in at about a 1/4 pound.

Cheers, Christine