On 10/25/2013 3:09 PM, Doug Brewer wrote:
On 10/25/13 3:43 PM, Walt wrote:
So, now that I've picked the guitar back up, I think it's a good idea to see what I actually sound like when I try to play and sing. Obviously, the internal mic on my laptop isn't going to cut the mustard, so I thought I'd pick the collective, eclectic brain of the PDML for some advice. What do I need to do to get decent -- that's to say, not unlistenable -- recordings of myself for self-critique? I guess I'm looking for an affordable mic that I can plug into the laptop and affordable (freeware, if possible) software to mix the sound with.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-- Walt

Dunno about the mic, but Audacity is a great mixing software. Free, too.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net

Thanks, Doug.

Looks good. I'd seen that in my download searches, and if it's good enough for you, I'm sure it'll be great.

-- Walt