On Oct 31, 2013, at 9:02 am, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is unfortunate that this thread has devolved into the crapfest that
> one can now (apparently) expect whenever Tom decides to post something
> to this list. I almost forgot to look that image that David originally
> posted:
> http://gallery.multi.net.nz/photo/673/#peso
>
> I was taken aback at it's beauty. Yes, it is a beautiful creature, but
> the capture (lighting, DOF, sharpness, color, etc) is STUNNING. One of
> the best I've seen on PDML this year. That is publication quality or
> should be commemorated as a postage stamp or something. Superb!

Thanks for the comments Darren but you're too kind!

my first quick pass I marked 4 of them for a closer look.  Most of the rest are
a little soft, plus a there are a couple of groups of similar shots where I
chose the one I liked best.

For the other bird I mentioned I have 34 to start with, many of which are very
similar... so I'm procrastinating for now :)

And Godfrey was correct, he had commented beforehand.  I do appreciate the kind
comments (and the not-so-kind ones as long as they're constructive), even if I
don't clutter the list by replying to each and every one :)

Cheers,
Dave