On Nov 3, 2013, at 11:44 am, Steve Cottrell <co...@seeingeye.tv> wrote:

> Just on he subject of cleaning lenses - I keep a clean handkerchief in
> one back pocket. Stout blow of hot breath on the element and a good wipe
> round with the hanky and hey presto. I do that with my A*85/1.4 (500
> quid) and my Canon TV motorized zoom lens lens (5000 quid) and never had
> a problem. These lenses are a lot tougher than people think.

That's about all I've ever done in the field.  A t-shirt will also do the trick
if the hanky has been... used.

Usually there might still be a bit of greasy residue so at home I use a tissue
wet with some isopropyl alcohol to clean it, then wipe off any residue with a
dry area of the tissue.  I then blow the dust off with a blower brush.

Cheers,
Dave