What would be a good 24mm wide angle lens that isn't ultra-expensive?
I'm on a budget and would like to keep the lens at $200 or less, if
possible, used, in excellent condition.

Paul Stenquist is our motorsport expert, but I'm afraid the price he quoted
for an SMC 24/3.5K is very optimistic. Adorama has had one for sale for
something like $300, and I typically see it sell for more than the SMC 24/2.8K.

The Sigma 24/2.8 PKA is the default choice among budget 24s that can be
taken seriously. But I'll bet you can find an SMC 24/2.8K for $150. I
recently sold mine for $125 (after devaluing it by mentioning that it had
some internal dust.)

The default choice in your zoom range is the Pentax 70-210/4 PKA. The only
100-300 constant-aperture f/4 zooms are by Tokina and Sigma, and you can't
afford them. For motorsports you can justify an 80-200/2.8; most every
major brand makes (or made) a nice one. Maybe you can get a sweet deal on a
24 and apply the difference to your 80-200. A very satisfying compromise
would be the Tamron SP 70-210/3.5 (constant aperture), a heavy beast built
to pro standards and said to be visibly brighter than an f/4. These pop up
in the UK all the time at $150 or less.

I love the ME-II winder, and I think you'll fall in love with its grip. But
if you need a highter frame rate, go for the Motor Drive A.

For TTL flash, I'm a fan of the Ritz Quantary lineup, made by ProMaster.
Great power and flexibility for your dollar. The modular base lets you
convert it to Pentax AF for $15.

Paul Franklin Stregevsky