That's a good question, Boris. Not being a gearhead I don't closely
study the fine details of lens construction, but I assumed that only
glass was hard and stable enough to be ground or milled into shape
with the required tolerances.

Does anyone know if plastic, or anything besides glass and coatings is
used in the optical path of any K mount lenses?

--
-bmw