on 2014-01-07 14:48 Brian Walters wrote
I find it hard to even comprehend temperatures like that.  The coldest it's
ever been here was about -6C about 10 years ago.  And that was just for an hour
or two around dawn.

here in Denver we have only been catching the edges of the polar vortex, which makes for wild temperature swings; our lowest has only been -10 F (-23 C), but two days prior the high was 62 F; this morning it was -8 but this afternoon 41; lows well below normal, but not record-breaking