On Jan 16, 2014, at 16:02 , P.J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I remember going about thirty years ago, and I don't remember paying anything
> to get to the observation level.  The outside deck was closed, however so
> maybe they just weren't charging because of that.  However it is still
> limited on how many people can get there by the size of the elevators.  $27
> seems a bit excessive to those of us out here in the hinterlands, It doesn't
> seem that long ago that amount was a day a Disney World, but those days are
> gone as well.

I just checked in with my brother who was with me.  We were there sometime
between 1994-96.

I guess the price has gone up.  It was $4 in 1999.  Now if you want to get all
the way up to 102 it's $44.

We got up to 102 for nothing extra, and the twins who were with us (yup, two
sets of twins together in that tiny elevator) convinced the elevator operator
to stop in between 86 and 102 to show us the inside of the spire.  Nothing but
a lot of glass, colored fluorescent lamps, and clear metal grid flooring.  Fun
times.  I'll post a photo someday when I scan that roll.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN