In what way is the K-3 not keeping up with state-of-the-art APS-C
DSLRs? In fact I think it's a category leader presently. And the other
current models: pretty much the same story in each of their respective
categories.

The only category where Pentax isn't keeping up is FF, which is a
mythical one only kept alive by the whinging fanboy base.

--
-bmw