(Resending this post, hopefully more readable. It seems I got my
settings for line wrap wrong in my previous attempt.)

Well, I was asked to write this article, for a newspaper, on a legal
report in 1920. (This in itself quite a challenge, since this report
(on international law) is kind of advanced - how to write about such
stuff to everyman.)
Anyway, pondering about what pictures would work to go along with it,
I did some research, and ended up making a find that is, at least
locally, sensational.
I found some unknown film footage from 1918-21. This is a real scoop
and will make front page news in a local news paper that I
occaisonally work for.
At the archives, where I found the films, there are very strict rules.
You can watch stuff, but you are not allowed to bring any bags or
cameras with you.
As it happened, when I visited, all the people at the sales or legal
department were away for a couple of days, why I had no option but and
did manage to sneak my camera into the viewing room and grab a few
stills of the film off the monitor.
Since not being able to really prepare for the fast shots and being
afraid of getting caught and trown out, they didn't come out as good
as can be.
Slightly underexposed, slightly uneven lighting. (Only had a 50mm plus
a small flash in the hot shoe, no tilt or swivel. 400 ASA Fuji.)
Right now I am trying to make the best out of one of the shots,
scanned from the print. (The actual picture makes about two thirds of
the print.)
It will be interesting to see how it will come out in newspaper print.
My first instinct was to really try to work at the picture, making it
as good as can be. Played around with it, cleaning it up, did a sepia
version, adjusting this and that etc.
Then I thought, for some stories - and this is common editorial
views - less than perfect images to a story can actually enhance the
impact of it.
(Since normally pictures are fairly decent, there has simply got to be
something special and unique to a story with not perfect pictures to
it.)
Thus I am not that worried about it, it will work one way or another.
(I am a lot more worried about the picture of myself that they asked
me for.)
Initially I thought I'd ask for some advice, but maybe I'll just share
the story with you.
If you got any tips or suggestions, you are however welcome.

Lasse

BTW. Interesting and educational thread on Queen Mum. I liked her too.
May she rest in peace.
BTW 2. Anybody else noticed this? A year or so I saw some clips of a
young Queen Elizabeth around WWII. She was looking good and kind of
nice. I would gladly have invited her in for a late cup of tea or
something...