On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:23:44PM -0400, Paul Stenquist wrote:
> Much of the United States was once part of the British Empire, ditto
> Australia and Canada. I don't think any of us feel that our years as
> subjects of the crown deprived us in any way.

Do red indians (native americans as they are now called) share the same
opinion ? and australian aborignals ?

> I think the same is true of many other former colonies, although a few
> of them may not be mature enough to realize it. Nor are some of their
> peoples.

This is probably a classic sign of a abuser who thinks the abused
actually needs it and he/she is doing them a favor. I wonder if
surviving families of those who died in the jalianwala bagh massacre
would like to goto Dyer's grave and say thank you for saving us to him
(yeah i know this didnt happen in mum's time but equivalent pain
happened in all reigns).