It used to be that saving for web did not use as  good a compression
algorithm as just saving as a jpg.

I guess that's  changed, not sure. But you are remembering correctly,
because a while back  (maybe a long while back) I heard that too.

Marnie  I never save for  web. And I tend to save at either the max, or
near the max (10-12). Saving for  the web, you don't get to choose. Or didn't.
(I only have LR 4).

In a  message dated 1/23/2014 2:20:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,