That would certainly bee another significant limitation to PSE. I am using Windows PC's and have never used any menus in PS for enabling the second montior - the second monitor is just there and I drag the pallets that I want to use to it and leave the primary display for just the core PS program, sidebar and image. I still use Thumbs plus to manage my image libraries and put that and Bridge (if needed) on the right monitor as well. It's just a "drag there once and it will be there till moved" process.