I don't have a K3 but I have had this type of problem quite often with my K5.
Basically when shooting rapidly (single shots) during soccer games, I have the
camera lockup.  It seems related to the shutter release and some other
operation (focus or something) and then it locks up.  The electronics stay on
but it will not fire the shutter anymore.  The only solution is to remove the
battery.  It doesn't seem related to a particular battery (Pentax or generic).
I wonder if there is any relationship.

--
Bruce

Sent from my iPad