On 2/9/2014 11:13 AM, Aahz Maruch wrote:
On Sat, Feb 08, 2014, Bruce wrote:

I don't have a K3 but I have had this type of problem quite often with
my K5.  Basically when shooting rapidly (single shots) during soccer
games, I have the camera lockup.  It seems related to the shutter
release and some other operation (focus or something) and then it
locks up.  The electronics stay on but it will not fire the shutter
anymore.  The only solution is to remove the battery.  It doesn't seem
related to a particular battery (Pentax or generic).  I wonder if
there is any relationship.

That's what happened to me with a K-5 II as well (although I think I was
shooting bracketed).

I was wondering if shooting "bursts" in single shot mode might be
over-taxing the electronics associated with the shutter release button?