Bill, my Novoflex (expensive) Pentax to Leica adapter has a ring. So
it can be used in at least two different ways:

1. The ring is at its close-most position. Then the lens would behave
like regular K-mount lens (no A-position) - you click, the aperture
closes right away, you focus, aim and take a shot. Camera measures
with closed aperture.

2. You set the lens at certain aperture, including, but not limited
to, the A position. Then you rotate the ring on the adapter thereby
setting any effective aperture you like. The shooting is the same
except that you control the aperture with the adapter ring. Since you
see what you get on the EVF - it should be rather easy, at least in
theory. The downside - the ring on the adapter has no markings, so you
close aperture to _some_ value, without really knowing what it is.

Generally I shoot by controlling the aperture on the lens, and not on
the adapter.

I suppose that technically my Novoflex should be no different than
yours except the target mount.

--
Boris