With any of the K mount lenses with aperture rings that ring would make the lens work like a preset lens with two aperture rings. The first ring had the markings, which is where you'd set the aperture of the lens. Focus with the lens wide open, then just before exposure you turn the ring without markings to close the aperture. The lens then stops down to it's set aperture. It was actually not that difficult to do, lots of T mount lenses used that system. I think there were even a couple of rather expensive SCMP [K] series lenses that used that system the K400 f5.6 and the K500 f4.5, but I'm not fully sure of that. The only lenses who's set aperture you wouldn't be sure of would be those without aperture rings.