On 27/03/2014 4:08 PM, John wrote:
On 3/27/2014 1:23 AM, Brian Walters wrote:
Quoting Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com>:

A friend tells me the DGN's from his new K-3 can't be processed in
CS3. Any suggestions??? Regards,  Bob S.

I don't have a K-3 but this is an interesting problem so I downloaded
a K-3 PEF from Pentax Forums
(http://www.pentaxforums.com/news/pentax-k-3-full-size-samples.html).
 As expected, CS3 couldn't open the PEF file so then I ran it through
the latest DNG Converter.  The resultant DNG opened in CS3 without
problems.

So one solution seems to be to shoot PEFs, batch convert to DNG with
the latest Adobe DNG Converter and then open them in CS3.

I'm not sure if DNG Converter will convert K-3 DNGs to CS3-compatible
 DNGs, so this solution might not help with any existing RAWs that
your friend has.  He might have to use the Silkypix software that
came with the K-3 to process those DNGs.

Still, that begs the question about K-3 DNG files.

Isn't the whole idea of DNG files was that they were supposed to be
compatible with any software that processed DNG files without having to
worry about the files from newer cameras not working?

Bob's friend is doing something wrong.
The image linked below is a DNG conversion through CS3 on my old laptop.
Other than being slow, there were no problems.

bill