John,

Just in case:
If you are concerned about e-mails that you are sending to PDML from
your Yahoo account via Yahoo smtp servers, than the recent change
described in the links posted by Matthew should not affect you.

It affects only Yahoo users who are sending e-mail via smtp servers
OTHER than those from Yahoo.

(The second link's post explains how to fix the problem:
"Endusers can do a couple things. For one-to-one mail make sure you're
using the Yahoo outgoing mail servers and that should fix the problem
without you having to really make any change." )

Igor

Mon Apr 7 17:55:28 EDT 2014
John Sessoms wrote:

On 4/7/2014 5:30 PM, Matthew Hunt wrote:
> This problem is affecting most of my mailing lists, and it appears to
> be due to a deliberate change by Yahoo:
>
> https://wordtothewise.com/2014/04/brief-dmarc-primer/
> https://wordtothewise.com/2014/04/example-bounces-due-yahoo-preject/
>
> "Endusers can do a couple things . For one-to-one mail make sure
> you're using the Yahoo outgoing mail servers and that should fix the
> problem without you having to really make any change. For email to
> mailing lists you'll need to switch to an email address at another
> domain for that mailing list."
>
> As I understand it: Yahoo is telling recipient email services not to
> accept mail from Yahoo email addresses that doesn't come from Yahoo's
> servers. Since email on this mailing list, or other mailing lists,
> comes from non-Yahoo servers, Gmail and other recipients reject the
> mail, or mark it as spam, in accordance with Yahoo's request.

That tears it.

The only reason I have a paid Yahoo account is so I can use Yahoo's smtp
server for PDML. Now Yahoo is telling the other providers not to accept
PDML mailings posted from my Yahoo account?