Thanks, Alan - I'm hoping to nail the focus a little better. No problem with indoor & indoor / outdoor cats. The two indoor cats (two older females) have no interest in going out. The tabby comes and goes as he wishes, but he does have to rely on one of us humans to open the door for him. He opted to stay indoors virtually all of December - February.

When he first started going outside he would show up at the door urgently demanding to be let in ... so he could use the litter box! I think he has figured that one out now...

On 4/9/2014 2:48 PM, Alan C wrote:
Great action shots, Mark. Maybe I'm a bit dof, but how do you have indoor cats & an indoor/outdoor cat under the same roof?

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Mark C
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 2:16 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Leaping Tiger

Thanks, Frank. My  mother used to volunteer at the animal shelter in
Iowa (where she lived) and in 2010 started talking about a kitten that
she really loved but did not want to adopt because he would outlive her.
I urged her to go ahead and adopt him and ultimately promised to take
care of him if she couldn't. Her fear was sadly realized and a couple of
years ago Jazz became part of the family. My mother kept insisting that
he was a wuss and could not handle being outside - even though he
managed to catch a kill a a starling on the 2nd floor balcony at her
house. (He put the dead bird on the oven - smart cat!)  Last summer we
made him an indoor/outdoor cat because of too much conflict with the two
older females in the house. He loves it.