I don’t understand what it is. I don’t understand how it works. In some cases I
don’t know how to get the results I want.

This is an album of images taken mostly in a classroom, the same classroom, the
same day, over a period of about an hour and a half.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/eeweir/13974421313/in/set-72157644174507442/> As
you can see, the coloring differs widely across the images. I tried to get them
to come out the same without success.

Since posting these I’ve gone back to the images in LR and changed the WB
setting to auto and increased the exposure on a couple slightly. That gives me
the best most consistent results. But “auto” leaves me completely in the dark.
What could *I* have done to achieve the same results?

While I’m at it, could someone please explain to me what the options under the
fluorescent setting—D, N, W, L—are? I don’t see that it makes any difference
what setting I use. And I generally don’t like the results I get with any
fluorescent setting.

Thanks,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA