On 30/04/2014 3:14 PM, Eric Weir wrote:

On Apr 25, 2014, at 3:07 PM, Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
wrote:

ERic - do you have the K-5?  or above? I shoot a lot of my ebay
stuff in mixed fluor and daylight from window and start with AWB -
examine the pic and press WB to get the choices to come up, then
move the settings around til the screen looks like what I see
myself.. it isn't always spot on but it gets a lot closer .

Thanks, Ann. Yes, I have a K-5. And thanks for drawing my attention
to this. Hadn’t even noticed the AWB setting before. Moving the
settings around is pretty nifty. Gives me a better sense of what the
adjustment does than changing settings in LR. (At least it does at
this point for this naive photographer.)

In difficult light, I just point the camera at a white paper towel and take a custom WB reading off of it.
That seems accurate enough.

bill