It's a nice feature I kinda found by accident... the only thing is to remember to put the setting back to AWB when you finish what you are doing :-)

ann

On 4/30/2014 17:14, Eric Weir wrote:

On Apr 25, 2014, at 3:07 PM, Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

ERic - do you have the K-5?  or above?
I shoot a lot of my ebay stuff in mixed fluor and daylight from window and
start with AWB - examine the pic and press WB to get the choices to come up,
then move the settings around til the screen looks like what I see myself.. it
isn't always spot on but it gets a lot closer .

Thanks, Ann. Yes, I have a K-5. And thanks for drawing my attention to this.
Hadn’t even noticed the AWB setting before. Moving the settings around is
pretty nifty. Gives me a better sense of what the adjustment does than changing
settings in LR. (At least it does at this point for this naive photographer.)

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

“...we are a form of invitation to others and to otherness..."

- David Whyte