Alan,

As others have already said, it would depend on the software.
To add to that, I just wanted to point out that in some software,
it may also depend on how you export (save) the file into JPEG.
E.g. at least in some versions of Photoshop, the command "save for web"
(or just saving a web-gallery), would strip off most of the EXIF.

In LR, some of the export defaults ("for web", etc.) may also have
the option "keep minimum EXIF" check-marked.

Hope this helps,

Igor

Wed May 14 08:14:07 EDT 2014