On 5/15/2014 10:28 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:
Stanley Halpin wrote:

I agree with Bob. The student’s work is clearly derivative if not a copy.
I did a Yahoo search for Burton boards since the designer’s site Jostein
pointed to seems to indicate that his design was for that company. I did an
unaided eye-ball scan of Yahoo images for Burton snowboards going back to 2010,
saw nothing like this design or the one on the designer’s site. So if it is
copied, it could be from an earlier board. My suspicion from the way Burton
designs vary, I would guess that this was a women’s rather than a men’s board.

In addition to the designer, maybe try contacting Burton?

Nah, the design wasn't done for Burton. The original design was done
by a student, Sijle Bekkevold, as a class exercise. She chose Burton
Snowboards just for the purposes of the assignment. (Run this page
through Google Translate:
http://ideblogg.no/siljebee/2013/04/16/logo-burton-snowboard-design/)

After examining my student's version, I'm thinking he modified the
original design in Photoshop.

Can't get Google to translate the page. It just tells me "This page was
not retrieved from its original location over a secure connection."