When I travel light, I like to carry the 43mm limited. I've can't imagin using the 40mm instead, but it is quite a bit more expensive these days. On aps-c shorter focal lengths and I guess that 40 and 50mm lenses qualify. On 35mm film there seems to be almost no difference, unless you take the photo from exactly the same spot and do a side by side comparison, but on aps-c sensors those lenses have a very different "feel" to them.

I really can't talk too much about Macro, the only Macro lens I have is the Vivitar S1 90-180mm not a lens to use in tight working spaces.

The 21mm is a kind of funny lens, it's not wide enough for my tastes, (~e-32), or general general purpose enough, like say a 24mm (~e35mm). Which is strange, when I was a starving student I carried a MX and for a wide I used a Vivitar 28mm f2.8, not the best lens in creation, but it did the job, then later acquired a Pentax [K] 30mm f2.8 which I used until I bought a K 24mm f2.8 and a M 35mm f2.0 which I used on both MX and LX cameras, after which the 30mm languished, thought it was a lovely lens that made nice sharp photos I just didn't find myself using the focal length much. I use it (e-30mm)a lot more now, but the 20-35mm is the shortest rectilinear focal lenght lens I currently own.

The 35mm