On 5/25/2014 11:20 PM, Bill wrote:
On 25/05/2014 9:08 PM, J.C. O'Connell wrote:
On 5/25/2014 10:28 PM, Christine Aguila wrote:
Thanks, everyone. Good to know it's a viable option should the need
arise.
Cheers, Christine

Sent from my iPad

On May 25, 2014, at 6:16 PM, Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 25/05/2014 12:14 PM, Christine Aguila wrote:
Hi Everyone:

Anyone try the Eye-Fi card on the K-3?  Any thoughts?  If so, what
environments have you used the card?  Would you recommend?

Cheers, Christine
Tried it. It works as advertised, and is pretty good for controlling
the camera from a distance. It is absolutely useless for data
transfer, it's quite slow and the files are quite large. In the field
it would be good for when the camera is difficult to look through.
I've taken pictures with the camera suspended upside down and the top
of the prism buried in dirt. This would be an ideal use for wireless
tethering, especially since it seems made for using with a smart phone.
In the studio, I would prefer wired tethering.

bill

and follow the directions.

isnt the term "wireless tethering" an oxymoron???

no.

yes it is.  by definition, if something is tethered, its wired.

--
J.C. O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net