Quoting "J.C. O'Connell" <hifis...@gate.net>:

isnt the term "wireless tethering" an oxymoron???

no.

yes it is.  by definition, if something is tethered, its wired.

Well, either EVERY manufacturer that offers the feature is wrong or you are. I'll take the word of Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Fuji, etc., thank you.

bill

I suggest you look up the word tether in the dictionary.

I did.

The Oxford Dictionary provides the following:

1. Tie (an animal) with a rope or chain so as to restrict its movement

2. (usually as noun tethering) Use (a smartphone) in order to connect a computer or other device to the Internet

Like many other words in the English language, the meaning of the word has evolved over time and has a boarder meaning now than in the past.

So, I'm with Bill.  It's not an oxymoron in a modern context.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters