On 27 August 2014 17:33, P.J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well those the first two reviews are enough to give me pause about the
> Tokina
>
>> Not really sharp at any aperture
>

> followed by a glowing review, bodes ill for extreme sample variation.

Or extreme reviewer variation. To be honest I put it down as the latter :)

> It's
> not in production and you'd be buying used in any case so the try and return
> until you get a good copy is problematic.

I'm not sure how many Tokina lenses from that era I've bought used
over the years but, for what it's worth, I've not had to return any.

I have that lens but I tend to use a autofocus zoom nowadays so I
don't have many sample photos. I dug out some; web sized images only
I'm afraid.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?tags=tokinasl17mmf35&sort=relevance&user_id=54887100%40N00

--
Eric