----- Original Message -----
From: T Rittenhouse
Subject: Re: Color is So Much Easier

> As an aside, I never have understand why someone would want to
use the Zone
> System when they are doing enlargements with multigrade paper.
Unless they
> are masochistic.

Tom:
Graph the curves from any VC paper using a step wedge. Note that
the curves are all over the map in relation to each other.
Decide that the best way to use a multigrade paper is to pick
one grade, and aim for it with every negative possible.
Changing grades is a crap shoot with VC paper.
Take a bit more time in the field, save a lot of time in the
darkroom.

William Robb