The green button is a mystery because it does so many different things. In manual mode it recenters everything press the green button while holding down the exposure compensation button it resets that control to zero, it does that with a number of setting, press it down while holding down the ISO button and it, hell it sets the camera to auto ISO in the K-5 cameras, I don't remember what it does on the K20D but then ISO is hidden in the OK button, and I never tried it, on *ist series cameras well the *ist-D it does nothing. In hyper program it resets the camera to program mode using the set program line, which it's done from the beginning, in hyper manual it sets the program mode exposure for what you're pointing at. Using a K M lens it sets the "proper" shutter speed, but I wouldn't trust that setting if you've picked a f stop over f8, probably not over f5.6.

The KxxD cameras added a bunch of functions over the earlier ist-d and theh K-5 cameras added even more functions, which may or may not be documented anywhere, and which further can lead to confusion, but the core features are resetting to the program line in M and P modes.