In the K-3 manual, see page 11 and page 73, primarily focused on the choices
and processes involved in customizing the various buttons and E-dials.
Not exactly an explanation of when/why to use the Green Button, but of course
you get that in your initial familiarization from the clerk at the store where
you buy the camera...

stan