There are a few potential pitfalls to evaluating whether problems
reported are actually with the camera (as opposed to the card or
operator error, etc.) The first is that most people don't specify
which firmware they are on and everybody assumes that it is the most
recent. It may very well not be and the problem they report may be one
addressed in a more recent firmware update. Whenever people report a
problem, to be able to evaluate it properly one must know the
"environment": What firmware version, how many cards in slots, what
are the cards (class, brand, and capacity) and how are your menus set
up.

Another K-3 specific problem is that we have a couple of variables
that we haven't had before: Two card slots and the FLU-card (which
needs to be in one specific slot) along with their associated Menu
setting options.

I've seen some reports of the K-3 losing all ability to communicate
with the card slots, but without knowing all of the variables above I
can't tell you if it really a problem with the camera (let alone a
widespread one) or some kind of ID-10T error.

--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.