Am 20.10.14 23:03, schrieb Mark C:
I have had no problems with my K3 and I was pretty early to get one.
Upwards of 15,000 images and counting.

Great. Thanks to you and everyone else who replied in this thread. I've taken the plunge and it's now sitting on the table, right next to me, in the dwindling afternoon light in rainy and stormy Cologne. The mere thought that we'll be back on winter time in a little over a week... Yikes...

Everything appears to be fine, so far, no sticky trigger button and the rear thumbwheel works as it should. Most of the menues look familiar and so does the rest. The various settings have already been changed to my preferences and given the comparatively small difference to the K-5 I expect that we'll hit the ground running.

I definitely like the new rotating diopter correction knob. Far better than the fiddly slider they had in all earlier models.

The 18-135-mm will be a most welcome addition to my arsenal for those occasions when speed is more important than the last little bit of image quality, and I'm sure my back will love it.

Still, I feel a bit sorry for the K-5 that's been an enormous pleasure over the last 4 yeras but will have to go now. It was such a relief after the K-7.

Does anyone know if the K-3 accepts K-5 viewfinder screens?

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com