It took a weekend for my LR library to sync with OneDrive, but that was
significantly less than 1TB; otoh I do seem to have quite fast broadband.

Once the initial upload is done the changes are quite quick and take place in
the background, but I now use OneDrive as my primary storage and can access it
from anywhere with wifi or 4G on any of my devices. This is very convenient and
easily worth the cost of the Office 365 subscription which gets me so much
cloud storage.

However if you live in Badiddlyboing and rely on mules for your transport layer
it's probably not so attractive.