on 2014-11-24 10:35 Igor PDML-StR wrote
So, I am curious now, - after having all those beefy tripods, - which one(s)
have you setlled on?

an original Gitzo G1228 Mountaineer, so i guess having started with TiltAll i'm still sort of in the vintage; the current equivalent is GT2541, i think; the G1228 is much lighter and somewhat easier to use than any i've had (esp. with Arca-Swiss P0 head); but that hasn't translated into a lot more tripod use, so i think i've reached the point where more exquisite equipment is unlikely to benefit me

what gets a bit more use is my Manfrotto 449 Carbon One monopod, which is also somewhat vintage (no current equivalent that i know of); this monopod extends unusually long; my hunt for a used, cheap, decent, lightweight head for it led me to a Gitzo 1780; plus clamp the whole thing weighs 840g