Quoting Igor PDML-StR <pdml...@komkon.org>:

It very much depends on what people here want.
People who discover PDML through friends are more likely to be somewhat like their friends.
The crowd on Pentaxforums is very diverse. It is even more so on DPreview.
(Speaking of DPreview itself, - IMHO, the quality of the material on DPreview's reviews has dropped in the recent past, as they are trying to sustain some constant level of information posted. That's pretty much like CNN these days, - yapping for long time about nothing.)

I am not against that diversity. I hope that trolls will get bored sooner than later, if we don't feed them. PDMLers just have to realize that the dynamics might change.

Part of the problem (if there is one) is that mailing lists are seen as 'old internet' - these days it's all about social networking.

PDML is also hard to find. A search on Google for "Pentax Discussion" brings up lots of links to Pentax Forums and DP Review. PDML doesn't make an appearance until the third page. If you add "List" to the search, PDML comes up first but I doubt many would think of doing that.

I've been spending some time on the micro four thirds forum at DP Review since I bought my Olympus E-M10. It's very active, probably because the ยต4/3 cameras are highly configurable and take some time to get to know properly. The Pentax Forum on DP Review is not much more active than PDML, maybe because we've had a lot of time to get used to the Pentax way of doing things and don't need to ask for advice as often as we used to, even when new cameras are released.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia