I got another note from Eric Weir that he still can't post to PDML.

He says he's had help from AT&T technical support & they tell him
everything is good on their equipment. They asked him ... he asked me
... and I'll ask here "Is there anyone who can check to see if messages
from him are being blocked at the server?"

That caused me to think of another question ...

Suppose I am subscribed at one email address & try to send a message to
the list from a separate email address that is not subscribed ... e.g.
subscribed from me(at)my.mail.provider & try to send from
me(at)another.mail.provider ...

Would the list server generate a bounce message back to the
non-subscribed email address or would it just drop it into the bit
bucket & ignore it?

Anyway ...

Eric says that in the meantime AT&T's tech support is "exploring the
need to escalate ... with Yahoo technical support/engineers."

I wish him and/or them luck with that. When I needed help from Yahoo, I
couldn't find any way to contact tech support. The best I could find was
FAQs & discussion groups AND NO WAY TO ASK A QUESTION IN THE DISCUSSION
GROUPS!