On Jan 4, 2015, at 1:51 am, Daniel J. Matyola <danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You said you don't know what you would like to achieve with it.  The
> best GoPro videos I have seen are ones that capture an experience, for
> example sky diving, dirt bike racing or ski jumping.

I dare not look for first-person videos of ski-jumping as I'd probably need a
change of trousers.  Although I do enjoy videos of wingsuits and occasionally
downhill mountain biking (the scary stuff, eg Red Bull Rampage or urban
downhill races).

One of the pro cycling teams made a video of the final minutes of a stage,
filmed using onboard Shimano cameras.  That was fairly scary too.

For me, the only time I've wished for a video camera was when snorkelling
around a coral reef during our honeymoon.  Otherwise I'd just be taking boring
footage of running, biking and maybe open-water swimming.

I have given thought to making a film about training and racing but it'd be
well beyond my skill and budget to produce to my satisfaction.

Cheers,
Dave