J C Oconnell wrote:

> remember when Pentax was late with their first DSLR compared to the
> competition?
> Using the same logic, everyone who wanted a DSLR would have already
> switched to Canon, nikon. That didnt happen and Pentax caught up in the
> APSC DSLR competion.

I remember the long discussions here about the possible release of their
first DSLR, and the hope that they would retain the K mount, so we still had
backward compatibility.

The *ist D was certainly what I hoped for.

However, this is a little different, as I know this time I'm into buying new
glass as well. Now don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful that we will see a
release very shortly of an FF camera - little point introducing these new
lenses without doing so - but it's a bigger deal this time. Ricoh obviously
have a plan, but as usual, the Pentax branded camera is going to have to do
its usual trick of being a great camera at an economical price.

Malcolm